Insider Index: This week in Salem by the numbers
Ten numbers that illustrate some of this week's big, and small, Oregon political stories:
• 4: Days legislators will meet next week for an interim meeting of committees and task forces.
• 11: Days legislators have to request bills from legislative counsel before the 2018 session.
• 40: Minimum number of Oregon legislators who have conducted trade missions to China since 2002, according to the Secretary of State's Office.
• 10037: Girl Scout Troop who successfully lobbied for legislation in the 2017 session allowing people to break into cars to rescue dogs or children in hot weather, which Oregon Gov. Kate Brown signed this week. (The scouts received "Inside Government" merit badges).
• 15: Dues-paying members of the Portland chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America in November 2016, according to Willamette Week.
• 600: Dues-paying members of the Portland chapter in November 2017.
• $177,840: Money raised by marijuana Political Action Committees in the 2015-16 election cycle, according to the Statesman-Journal, citing FEC figures.
• 3: West Coast governors, including Gov. Kate Brown, who attended the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany, this week.
• 75: Number of breweries in Portland city limits, according to Travel Portland.
• 5: Breweries in Salem city limits, according to Travel Salem.