Insider Index: This week in Salem, by the numbers
Here are 10 numbers that illustrate some of this week's big, and small, Oregon political stories:
• 2,500: Approximate number of people employed by Oregon ski resorts in 2017.
• 1: Months until the start of the short legislative session.
• $1.77 billion: Amount by which the state's 2017-19 State School Fund allocation falls below Quality Education Model targets.
• 20: Percentage of Oregon seniors who have been victimized by fraud, according to OPB.
• 154: Number of pages included in a state ethics investigation into former Oregon First Lady Cylvia Hayes, released this week.
• 503-823-WEED: Phone number for the City of Portland's Cannabis Program.
• $1,200: Fee to get a comment in an Oregon voters' pamphlet. Pamphlets for the Jan. 23 special election were mailed this week.
• 23: Jersey number of Cleveland Cavalier Lebron James, a budding wine connoisseur, who told Yahoo Sports last week that his favorite wine is Oregon Pinot Noir.
• 10: Earthquakes near Mount St. Helens Wednesday morning.
• 8: Cubs an Oregon cheetah, Bingwa — who is on loan from Wildlife Safari in Winston — gave birth to at the St. Louis Zoo in November. The arrivals were announced Wednesday.