Insider Index: This week in Salem, by the numbers
Here are 10 numbers that illustrate some of this week's big, and small, Oregon political stories.
• 1: Years state auditors spent on a comprehensive review of Oregon's foster care system, released Wednesday.
• 7,600: Number of Oregon kids in foster care on any given day.
• 600: Approximate number of patients at the Oregon State Hospital, which has a new director as of this week.
• 1562: Number assigned to a Senate Bill introduced by Sen. Kathleen Taylor, D-Portland, to make strangulation of a family or household member a felony.
• 9: Oregon school districts with majority-minority student populations, according to the Eugene Weekly.
• 43: Percentage of Oregonians born in Oregon, according to the Oregon Office of Economic Analysis.
• 57: Percentage of Oregonians born in a different state.
• 15: Number of coordinated care organizations — regional networks of providers that serve Medicaid patients — with the closure of FamilyCare, a Portland area CCO, this week.
• 520: Licensed marijuana retailers in Oregon, according to Marijuana Business Daily.
• 906: Licensed marijuana producers in Oregon.