Insider Index: This week in Salem, by the numbers
Here are 10 numbers that illustrate some of this week's big, and small, Oregon political stories.
• 9: Candidates competing for the GOP nomination for governor.
• 3: Candidates competing for the Democratic nomination.
• 4: Candidates competing for the Independent Party of Oregon nomination.
• 30: Percentage by which the median price of a home in rural Oregon exceeds the median price of a home in rural America, according to the Office of Economic Analysis
• 8,506: Shares the state's pension fund held in Wynn Resorts, Ltd., valued at $1.3 million as of Nov. 30. The state sued the board of Wynn Resorts and "gambling mogul" Steve Wynn, alleging breaches of fiduciary duty, this week.
• 13: Percentage the value of the shares dropped in January in the wake of news revealing sexual harassment allegations against Wynn, according to the state treasury
• 27: Length, in days, of the 2018 short legislative session.
• 910: Oregon schools enrolled in SafeOregon, a statewide tipline for people to report safety issues at their schools run by the Oregon State Police
• 691: Tips received since the program started last year.
• 1971: Year in which Apollo 14 astronaut Stuart Roosa planted a Douglas Fir tree using a seed he'd brought to the moon and back. The tree still stands near the Oregon State Capitol.