Insider Index: This week in Salem, by the numbers
Here are 10 numbers that illustrate some of this week's big, and small, Oregon political stories.
• 33: Stars inside the Oregon Capitol dome, since Oregon was the 33rd state to join the union, according to the Secretary of State's Office.
• 2: Ballroom dancers from Florida who could be spotted showing off their moves under the stars in the rotunda on Thursday.
• 4: State field offices that experienced phone outages Tuesday, according to DAS.
• 90: Weight, in pounds, of a rare squid that washed up on the Oregon Coast south of Cannon Beach July 28.
• $197 million: Amount visitors to the Oregon Coast spent in 2017, according to the Daily Astorian.
• 200,000: Approximate amount, in tons, of wheat being exported from Oregon to Yemen, as part of the World Food Programme's humanitarian efforts in the country torn by war and famine, according to OPB
• 8: Oregon Shakespeare Festival performances that have been canceled this year due to poor air quality, more than in all of the 2017 fire season, according to the AP. Three performances have been moved inside.
• 95: Percent of the state that is "abnormally dry," as of July 24, according to the Oregon Water Resources Department.
• 82: Percent of the state in "moderate drought."
• 56: Percent of the state in "severe drought".